25 November to 10 December
Safer South Africa Foundation encourages all South Africans to join the fight in stamping out violence against women and children. Using #Youth4SaferSouthAfrica, Safer South Africa Foundation seeks to contribute in expanding accountability beyond the Justice, Crime Prevention and Security cluster to encourage collective responsibility within communities to tackle violence against women and children. #Youth4SaferSouthAfrica calls young people to use and combine technology, social media, arts, sports, culture, school and activism in a bid to encourage society to acknowledge that violence against women and children is a social problem.
What is the 16 Days Activism?
- It is a worldwide campaign, held from 25 November to 10 December every year, to oppose violence against women and children.
- It aims to raise awareness of the negative impact that violence and abuse have on women and children and to rid society of abuse permanently.
Key dates to observe in this period:
- 25 November: International Day of No Violence Against Women
- 29 November: International Women Human Rights Defenders Day
- 1 December: World Aids Day
- 3 December: International Day for the Disabled
- 10 December: International Human Rights Day
Don’t be a victim!
- Break the cycle of violence!
- Break the silence!
- Know your rights!
- Act against abuse!
- Do not look away!
Report violence against women and children.
Help someone get help!